AuthorisationPolicyProvider with Different Claims for Different Cards

Apr 22, 2008 at 4:01 AM
Hi again,

In the application configuration files the claims are specified.

In my case, for DotNetNuke, I have a single user store for multiple portals - each portal can create and manage their own user profile properties - which I'm hoping to turn into claims.

When issuing a card, can the card issue client pass in the claims that are to be supported?

Again in my case, when issuing a card, I could alter the SharpSTS to find out which portal the user belongs to, then determine the possible claims from the portal configuration. I haven't done a proper investigation yet but it I don't think this is wrapped up in a provider that I can plug in.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Dan
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2008 at 7:48 AM
You shouldn't need to alter it; as the card issuing system will accept a list of claims.

The request body has a Claims property, which you should (untested) be able to use to specify the claims you want the card to support, both the uri and the description. Any claims you set in this manner must be in the master list of available claims in web.config.

Like I say, and as you already know card issuing is up the air right now and most of it is untested!